Monday, July 6, 2009

Tummy Time Adventures

Friday before last, Micah began creeping. He did it again the next day. But the week after that, he pivoted a little on his tummy, and hasn't shown much more interest in mobility (which is kind of fine with me). It wasn't for a lack of trying though. After the doctor ordered us to give Micah more tummy time to help round out the flat spot on the back of his wee head, I put him on his tummy everyday as often as he would allow. I now invite you to witness our Friday adventure.

Here is Exhibit A. He had spat up on his other quilt, and this one was too thin to cushion his head by itself if he rolled over. I folded it, but then he couldn't find the traction he needed to actual move from point A to any point B.



Here is Exhibit B. Since he had so much trouble, I put him on the hard (but mostly clean) floor. I didn't anticipate his tummy sticking to the floor as it did. I suppose I kind of worked against him there. Daisy decided she wanted to play too. So, she offered her toy to Micah, expecting him to throw it.



Finally, Exhibit C. When he didn't throw her toy, she decided to get his attention first by barking. That didn't work. So she tried nuzzling him. That didn't work. So then she tried to get his attention as she would mine. I didn't like this too much. I liked it even less when Brandon told me that she apparently does this all the time.



All in all, Daisy and Micah have a pretty good relationship. I'll let them play more when I'm not so afraid she will hurt him by accident.




2 comments:

Joel said...

HA! This is nine kinds of awesome. I'm really looking forward to going through the whole "mobility challenge" again with Remy.

Daisy looks like she's a fine companion for Micah. A little love nip never hurt anybody.

MelissaKeaster said...

You have all the fun to look forward to again. I'm sure it's nice not to be too far removed from going all the major stages. You and Ella probably have a lot more confidence than Brandon and I do right about now. Oh, and I know, I know, I way, way, WAY overreacted, but I didn't know how far it would go. And Daisy will be his best friend when he starts eating on his own. He will drop food on accident exactly once before he will begin dropping food on purpose because Daisy will eat it and beg for more, and he will think the whole thing is a lot funnier than it will actually be.